My summer somewhat unexpectedly opened up just a few weeks ago when I decided not to take summer classes. I made that decision primarily because my wife is expecting a baby at the end of June, about the same time as one of my finals would have been scheduled. I really couldn’t have afforded to miss either one of those. The other reason is a change in degree plan (still nursing, but an A.A. instead of a B.S.N., at least for now).
So, I may now have time to work on my list of projects:
- Put a garden in (got this done just a few days ago with some tomatoes, peppers, herbs, and a compost pile)
- Build a twin bed for my son (my wife has this in mind)
- Learn REAPER
- Teach summer music lessons (I teach with Searcy Community School of Music)
- Get over to Tennessee to visit our land a time or two
- Write some music (I have a couple things already going)